Incorrect prescription leads to compensation
Each year more than 40,000 medication errors, including incorrect prescriptions are made in the NHS. Approximately 50% of these errors will cause moderate to severe harm to patients.
At Treadstone Law we acted for a client in Wythenshawe who had been given an incorrect prescription. A result of which meant they suffered one month’s symptoms. We took on the case and were able to negotiate a payout of £2,500 for the Client, who fortunatley didnt suffer any long term effects.
WHAT ARE PROBLEMS ASSOCIATED WITH SOME COMMON DISPENSING/ADMINISTERING ERRORS?
When it comes to problems associated with dispensing/administering errors some of the most common cases that we deal with include:
- Administering the wrong medication
- Incorrect prescription
- Prescribing incorrect amount of medication
- Prescribing medications containing known allergies.
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL COSTS I CLAIM FOR?
- Further medical costs – if you are prescribed the incorrect medication then you may require further medical treatment as a result. This can be expensive and you could be eligible for a personal injury claim to compensate you for any costs you may have incurred
- Loss of income – if you are unable to work or need to take additional time off work as a result of a dispensing error then you may be eligible to make a compensation claim for any loss of income that you have incurred as a result.
Contact us today via the form below or call 0161 685 0070 to speak to a specialist.